Saturday 30 May 2009

1st post of the day 1 card 3 challenges ...



1. Creative card crew's challenge is to use flowers, which I have 4 paper, 2 gem and 1 fabric. Wow 7 on 1 card that's alot for me.
2. Sketch n stash as always like us to use our newest stash or something we've not used before on the sketch above. The newest things on this card are the paper flowers purchased last week, and the stamp I got last year but have never used it and boy did I have problems inking it. About 7 attempts before I got a decent image. The stamp,bubble paper and paper flowers are by Imaginisce. the background paper is by English paper company and everything else is from my stash.
3. The secret crafter only posted this challenge earlier this morning. A colour combo of Pink, Turquoise and a hint of brown. Papers and colours fit the bill I think.
I think I've fulfilled all the challenges and have really enjoyed making this card. I've put "Happy Birthday" round the circle in Hawian. Good old Google !

Ta for popping in and haveing a look, please feel free to leave a comment and pop in anytime for a glass of ice cold lemonade.
Love Karen xxx

10 comments:

Tracey said...

I remember us buying the stamps Karen. Love how you have used it and the colours are fantastic.

SU stuff has arrived, oohhh

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Karen, love the penguin. Thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC
Clairex

Enfys said...

This is super (I have this cute stamp somewhere, you've inspired me to dig it out...), well done on combining all the challenges, and the ice cold lemonade sounds wonderful... Have a great sunshiny weekend
luv
En x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Karen, love the cute image and flowers, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

Joey said...

Hi Karen, fantastic card! Love how the image is a flower centre, fab idea. thanks for joining us this week. Joey.x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

great job

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

sandra's crafty corner said...

love this card, great colours
sandra xx

debby4000 said...

This is so adorable love the cute penquin.
luv
Debby

Becky said...

Gorgeous card Karen, I love this stamp! I think ones with a lot of black are always difficult! I always colour in the black myself with a pen!!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Donna said...

Beautiful card Karen, you've done wonders with this weeks colour scheme and everything on your card works so well together. Thanks for joining us at SCSC this week :) Donna x